Thursday, May 16, 2013

Spring.....or not

It seems like for the past several months, the gorgeous weather has been all on the weekdays when I have to work and it's either rainy or cold on the weekends and this weekend was no exception.


So I pulled out one of my favorite winter dresses to wear! Just goes to show you that you can never really rotate your closet if you live in the midwest.


I've been loving the cute 50s do's my hair has been cooperating with lately!


I also wore a new (to me) pair of vintage confetti earrings. I've never felt any desire to have bakelite jewelry because it's sooooo expensive for plastic costume jewelry but I'm in love with these confetti earrings.


Accessories can really make or break an outfit so I'm excited to add to my vintage jewelry collection.


Hopefully, this is winter's last attempt and spring will be here for good!

11 comments:

  1. It really was freezing the other morning! I love this dress! Your hair looks super cute as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the earrings! I love bakelite- but can't put my brain around the price of it either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore your hair - and this beautiful green dress - so very much! The same rings true, by and large, for us here in British Columbia, too. There's only a few pieces (say, winter coats in the summer) that I ever really tuck away when the seasons change.

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's the same here, we had some nice day in april, but now it's rain, rain, rain.... only 9°C today! Where is spring????
    I have the same dress in red velvet... but never wear it... I must think to sell it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really do LOVE that dress. Green is my favorite color and I love the plaid accent. Where did you get this?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I purchased it from this etsy seller: http://www.etsy.com/shop/heartmycloset But I don't think she is offering this design anymore. :(

      Delete
  6. Lovely dress! I'm not much of a green person, but I like that shade with the plaid accents and it looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhhhhhhhh that's just like one of Ann Miller's dresses in "On The Town!"
    That dress has always been one of my favorites. Does it have attached tap shorts underneath? Haha.
    Sooooo cute! Thanks for sharing!
    -Charlotte
    http://abelleofthebluegrass.blogspot.be/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly why I bought it! I love "On The Town". Now I just need her crazy hot pink evening dress too! :)

      Alas, my dress does not have tap shorts underneath but since I don't have her legs either, I don't think I'll be needing them. ;)

      Delete
  8. You looks wonderful in that dress! I so envy your hair. Mine is so straight, nothing makes it take even a slight curl. Yours always looks so cute!

    ReplyDelete