Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pink + Nautical

I just adore all things nautical! And I really needed another nautical dress. ;)


Fabric: pink cotton twill ($5/yd)
Pattern: Simplicity 2801
Year: 1949
Notions: zipper, nautical braid
First worn: May 2012
Total cost: ~$25


I've been trying to make some more simple pieces but this dress just needed a bit more than all pink.


At first I wanted to do embroidery. But I did a little test embroidery and I wasn't feeling it.


Then I remembered this cute nautical trim and voila! Pink nautical dress!


I was going to make a self-fabric belt but it was still too much pink so my handy white thrifted belt came to the rescue!


Add a hair flower for pop of color and that's it!

10 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS! such a beautiful coral color!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful dress! Thanks for giving me sewing inspiration:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *Favorite* color! It looks wonderful on you! The trim gives it such a special touch, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pockets and sleeves are so super cute (-:

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love nautical pieces that are non-traditional colors or white and blue.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous colour choice! The world needs more pink nautical themed garments and accessories. You look so, so lovely, dear gal!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is adorable! That color looks very nice on you. I love the nautical theme!

    ReplyDelete