Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Bubble Gum

I posted back in April about the hand sewn hem debacle that happened with this circle skirt and I finally fixed the hem and got some outfit posts of it!


Tada! I went for a coral and teal color palette. I love these two colors together and I think it gives a more modern edge to a very vintage ensemble.


My much beloved teal hat! It doesn't exactly match the color of the skirt, but they are so far from each other that I can cheat. Shhh! Don't tell. ;)


I just adore circle skirts! This one is made from a teal cotton twill and I used a 1950s magazine pattern to make it. The only thing I did differently (aside from hemming it twice) was to add a waist stay. I really like my circle skirts with almost no ease in the waist so they don't sag from the weight of all of that fabric.


I usually love a red lip but this outfit just needed coral instead!


I love this color palette heaps and I'm wishing for a few more cool days so I can wear this combo again before summer really sets in!


What color palettes have you been loving lately?

7 comments:

  1. Very Cute! I love the color combo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fresh face looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely coral, although coral has always been a favorite of mine. Lots of blue. Maybe I should pair the two together??? However, I do not have a circle skirt. :-( Though I have been promised bolts of fabric from a friend of a friend. ::fingers crossed::

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a lovely outfit. I have never paired coral with teal but may have to now! I wear teal a lot, it is such a gorgeous colour.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just adore the cheerfully sweet colour palette of this pretty ensemble. Turquoise + coral look so summery and fabulous together!

    ♥ Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is total springtime goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks lovely, a really nice colour combination.

    I haven't come up with any new colour combinations lately, but I am moving even more away from black, which for a former goth is pretty extreme!

    ReplyDelete