Friday, January 6, 2012

Stephanie's Black Floral Blouse


Here it is! The blouse you've all been waiting to see! Edith's black floral blouse made by yours truly.


I had so much fun making this blouse. I drafted this pattern from Colette Pattern's Sorbetto. It's a great pattern to play with.

I used a lovely floral fabric from Jo-Ann's, velvet ribbon to trim the collar and sleeves and buttons from Yummy Treasures.


This is probably one of the pieces I'm most proud of. It's so fun and sophisticated. I did a ton of drafting for this project and it doesn't look homemade. I adore the contrast between the texture of the blouse and the buttons/trim. It's a little bit different, but with jeans, it doesn't look costumey. And my husband loves it so that helps. ;)


Yay for a new sewing machine with a zipper foot! I used the black ribbon just like bias binding and it was so much easier to do neatly with the new feet.


Now I just need a great black skirt and I can be Edith!

duke visits

6 comments:

  1. YAY! It's perfect! I just love it!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully done, Stephanie!! It looks just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks fabulous!! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect! You'll whip up a black skirt in no time I'm sure. I'm sure you already aware that season 2 of Downton Abbey starts airing tomorrow on PBS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice job on drafting, especially the collar! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete