Monday, July 12, 2010

Princess Hair: Briar Rose

Ashley of Lisa Freemont Street posted this tutorial for a Briar Rose (that's Sleeping Beauty) hair do. Not only is it super cute, it's the latest installment of her Animated Angels series, in which she presents a complete look (make-up and hair do) inspired by an animated beauty. I tried it out today and I was very pleased with the results. I pincurled my hair the night before. Ashley uses sponge rollers in her tutorial so I was expecting the back part to come out differently. Mostly I focused on working the front part.


Here's the look we were trying to recreate.



I felt super cute today! Wish I'd had a black headband to complete the look!


Here's a close up of the hair. My roll turned out quite good for a first run. I did reroll it several times to get a good look, but such is to be expected even with a style you've done loads of times. My hair is also a bit short for this part too. My roll wasn't quite as big as I would have liked, but you've got to work with what you've got.


Here's the back. It's not very Briar Rose, but then again I have short hair. I think next time I'll do fewer, larger pin curls to get a better match for the back of the hair.


If only I could wear a ball gown and tiara as easily as I could this hairstyle!

2 comments: